Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Blog Reflection

Before I started this class, I have to admit I did not really fully understand what a blog was all about. I now know how to set up and how to maintain a blog. I feel this experience will be very useful for me in the future. I plan on using this new technology with other teachers and the students at my school.
I also learned a lot from the other members of my group. I liked how we all had different technologies that we discussed. I have gained so many resources that I can now share with the teachers that I work with.
One possible idea I have is to create a blog with each grade level. For the younger grades, it would be a great place for teachers to share ideas and lesson plans. For the older grades (3-5), both students and teachers can use the blog to share ideas, students can use it to help each other with assignments, and teachers can share lesson plans and units and plan together. The one draw back is that teachers have to be taught how to use this technology and the school has to be equipped with the appropriate technology as well.
The one aspect of the blog that I had difficulty with is the assigned topics. It was difficult for to come up with so many different ideas about one topic. I look forward to creating my own blog and writing about issues that interest me.

2 comments:

Katie said...

I'm glad that you found this assignment worthwhile, Janine. Thank you for your suggestions regarding the topics of your blogs. While I realize the topics may not have always been personally relevant, I felt that all of the topics assigned were information technologies that a 21st century SLMS should be aware of. I hope you will continue to use blogs as a learning tool in the future!

~Katie~

Andrea Laura said...
This comment has been removed by the author.